Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Report from Skye

Hi guys,
as I mentioned last night, we got home from Skye OK. As expected it was just the break we needed. Thank-you to Peggy and Callum of the Dunvegan Hotel for looking after us.

We even managed to go to the Three Chimneys restaurant - voted one of the best places to eat in the world! If you ever go to Skye you will want to give it a try. It was fantastic (book well in advance though!)

I foolishly thought Diane was over the morning sickness as she had two whole days (well one and a half) of not being sick, but it returned with a vengeance tonight. Maybe I should start listening to what you guys are telling me, it’s gonna be a good few weeks yet and may end up being months :-(
.

Diane seems to have entered a new phase just now with tiredness being quite a predominant feature in her moods. She slept most of the way up to Skye and when we got there she just wanted to go to bed. I thought early night, didn't expect this? :-) .
But apparently an early night means just that these days. :-( Hmmmm.

So, Skye was excellent, the weather was as unpredictable as it comes and we were treated to some outstanding views, food, hospitality, etc. Back to work and a busy time it is for me too.

Midwife Update
Apparently the midwife should have called tonight to sort out when Diane should go to see her, but she didn't. There just doesn't seem to be any organisation to all this. You would have thought there would be given how they have had like… forever to get a system right.


We will get it sorted though.


I will speak to you tomorrow and respond to some of the many comments you have written, also I will have some thoughts on my new poll of the week.


TTFN,

Tim.





6 comments:

Sasha@Pw said...

Saw your comment on Karla's site. Lol...if you follow the line of the forehead, it's pretty easy to figure out where the nose would be. I am sure you will be able to figure out the facial features and your doctor will probably be able to show you as well. :)

Re: morning sickness...they really should call it all-day sickness as it can happen anytime of the day. And it usually persists until week 12/13. some women have it for shorter than that and some have it for longer but that's the general calendar. glad to hear your trip was successful!

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark said...

Hey Tim
I'm Karla's husband and father of ultrasound baby ;-)

Trust me, when you are there in person you won't have any trouble telling what is what. I understand the concern though. I didn't want to be the only one who could make it out either. I was actually pretty nervous about it.

It really was one of the most moving experiences of my life. It was better when she was smaller though and you could see her whole body in the ultrasound pic.

Maybe you'll relate to my ultrasound experience.

karla said...

Hey Tim
For your viewing pleasure, I added some pointers to the photo on my blog!
:)
You're wife will hate me, but the extent of my morning sickness was just FEELING very sick. No puking though.
And then magically, week 14, it all disappeared and I felt great again. I hope the puke switch works that fast for you wife.

Im really curious to read about your experiences with a midwife. I really debated whether I wanted a midwife or an OB in the beginning of my pregnancy.

Keep us posted! Hope wife is feeling better soon!

Christi said...

Hi, I just hopped over from Karla's site as well. Just wanted to let you know that I'm on my second kid now, and we just recently got our ultrasound done. We got the regular one, and to be honest, I couldn't tell a thing. She would point things out, but both my husband and I just kinda sat and looked at it like we were lost. We did get the new kind, where you can see a color pic and it looks like an actual baby (well, as much like a baby as she looks right now!). That one was pretty cool and somewhat easy to recognize. However, when I went to show the video and pics to people at work, with the old way, I couldn't tell them anything, except that it was a girl, and she moved a lot. They seem to do that (I say this as she is dancing crazily in my stomach right now!), especially during ultrasounds. So, don't worry at all if you don't get it. I told my husband that I was going to have 10 kids, and hopefully by the tenth one I would have figured out how to see what they are showing me!

Christi said...

Sorry to comment again, but a couple more things...

First off, with my son, I found out I was pregnant at about 2 weeks. She said, "You're just a little bit pregnant..." Wasn't sure what exactly that meant, but I told the world anyway...those exact words. If it was bad luck, then so be it. I found out about this baby at about three weeks, and I told the world again. We'll see how that goes. You will find that throughout this pregnancy, and then your child's life, that you will be told a lot of bunk! On my blog, I stirred up a lot of controversy one day when I asked about people's ideas on spanking. I promise, you don't want to go there. Just get used to it, and take it with a grain of salt.

Oh, I would also like to know about how your midwife thing goes. I am using a midwife, too, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I had midwives with my son, and it was a wonderful experience. We have since moved, and when I found out I was pregnant again, I hunted (literally) the midwives out where I live. They are a little out of my way, but again, TOTALLY worth the extra few minutes. I thought it strange, though, that they were supposed to call to set up a meeting. Are they not like mine, and just in a regular doctor's kind of office? Or is this like the real deal where you have the kid at home and stuff?