Sunday, February 13, 2005

Tips on telling your husband you're pregnant – from someone who knows.

Hi Guys,
I posted this on pregnancyweekly.blogspot.com
and thought it might be quite usefull and logical to place it in my blog too. Hope you don't mind :-)

When Diane told me she was pregnant, she said “Tim, I’m pregnant” then handed me a stick with a blue line on it. I said the right thing that I thought I should. Not what popped straight into my head.


Don’t get me wrong I was chuffed to bits – we had been trying for 5 years. And yes we got the constant nagging “When are we going to have a granddaughter then?”. I know parents mean well but I don’t think they see the pain behind the smile and reply “we’ll see”.

But I digress

Tips on telling your husband – from someone who knows.

1. For god sake make sure he’s the first person to tell. God forbid he finds out that you told someone else first (or hears it from someone else)

2. Don’t tell him the stick you just handed him is full of pee.

3. If he responds with something other than you expected don’t freak, it will be a big shock to him too.

4. You may find he becomes a little over protective, I did. Humour him, it’s his baby too and he is probably finding himself as a bit of a spare part at the moment.

5. You may know you’re pregnant, but you will feel different, senses changes in yourself. Until the scan the only evidence he has is a blue line on a pee stick.

Hope this helps

1 comment:

Kat said...

I'm curious...What was the first thing that did pop into your head?

I believe my hubby's first thoughts were: "My boys can swim", "I hope it's a boy" and "How accurate is that test?"