Monday, January 31, 2005

1st Scan - Not!

Aaarrgh!!!!!

Apparently when the Doctor tells your wife to book an appointment with the hospital to see the midwife it’s not for the first scan - even though everything I've read says you have the 1st scan at 12 weeks.

Instead, I took half a days holiday so that me and Diane could have a 6 minute conversation with a dreary woman called Becky. Becky it turns out is the area midwife, but to be blunt she told us nothing new and couldn't even answer straight questions like - so, when do we have the scan then? Waste of fucking time!

She did shove what can only be described as a cross between a microphone and a small cosh into Diane’s stomach, claiming she was "Looking for the babies heartbeat". But nothing.

Gutted...

Absolutely Gutted.

We will have to wait until we have registered with a new doctors in our area to set up a scan, which should happen on Wednesday.

Still looking forward to going to Skye though.

Morning Sickness Report
Yes its still happening. Both straight after lunch and straight after dinner. I kept out of the way.

I'll speak to you all just before Skye.

Till then - Have a great week!

Tim.


2 comments:

layne (herman) said...

Tim-- As the father of 3 (our most recent born last March) I got a good laugh out of "Diane looked at me, smiled sheepishly and said "Tim, I pregnant". My first thoughts were "Shit, does this mean I have to send my iPod back?"."

The best to the 3 of you as you make this journey together!!

Anonymous said...

To Tim
Typical!lets hope you find a Doctor to register with before the birth otherwise i would get reading that well known book...'birthing made easy..the D.I.Y guide (first issue comes with free pethidine and towels..no i dont know what the towels are for either) I hope Diane feels better i guess she is missing the cider hahax