Sunday, January 30, 2005

I'm Gonna be a Dad!!!

Well, this is a suprise to me. After trying for a number of years, Diane came down stairs a couple of weeks ago, looked at me sheepishly and said "Tim, I'm pregnant" whilst holding up a bizarre looking object with a blue line on it - which I later found out it was full of her pee!

So, now all the key players (Parents, family, friends neighbors, etc) are informed I guess its time to let the rest of the world know.

Status:
11 Weeks pregnant (we think)
Est due date - 17 August
First scan - Monday

How has it been for Diane:
Well she keeps throwing up is scatterbrained and generaly knackerd at the end of the day. Generally I don't think she's enjoying this one bit - although she is very pleased we are having a baby.

How its been for me:
Feel a little bit of a spare part realy. Feel quite useless when she throws up at night. I try to help and ask her if she is ok, to which she normally replys "No I'm fucking not ok!" or "Just piss off!!!"

Ah well.

Thoughts for names:
If its a girl we thought Rebecca Lucy. A boy (and if I'm realy honest I would like a boy) we think Ivan Anthony. The reason I like Ivan is because we recently went to Jamaica - Unfortunatly Hurricane Ivan decided to pay us a visit at the same time! So its a big memory for us in 2004.

Being a bloke. I'm a bit thick on the subject of pregnacy so in the true spirit of tim jacksonness I decided to bone up a bit on the internet and a trip to the local Borders (Any excuse to get a Coffee from SB's). But I found this site particularly usefull www.paternityangel.com . Gives you an insight to how the baby develops and answer all the questions you were to scared to (or didn't no you needed to) ask.

I'll keep you updated probably after the 1st Scan. I may include a scan picture if you ask nicely ;-)

Till then keep well

Tim.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Too lazy to register :(
It is me, the big G.
Grats man. I am very pleased for you. Welcome to the world of Dad-idium or dadidium or dadydudum.... you get the idea.
If I have any advice it would be... damn... I wish I had some advice.... I could give it myslef... haha...
Look, enjoy it, savour it, live it up. Walk around with a daft grin and your chest puffed out... why the hell not? to hell with everything. YOUR GONNA BE A DAD!!!

P.S. When we gonna see your ass? (not your ass.. you know what i mean... please not your ass!)

Russ said...

Found this from a link from pregnancy week. We're due for our first one two weeks after you. I'm there with you, dude. I bought a camcorder this week, and I will probably have an 8-DVD set of the baby's first year by the time I'm through, complete with commentary and extras ;)