Sunday, January 30, 2005

Preparing for the 1st scan, Skye and back to Jamacia

Diane's gone up to her mums tonight because her 1st scan is going to be in Ripon, we live in Cleckheaton which is about a hundred miles round trip. Due to a messed up system for alocating new doctors when you move to an area it's got to be done that way.

Noticed her skin was quite pale and spotty today (Quite normal I'm told). She didn't like me pointing it out to her though!

So, she gets a day off sick to go to the doctors and I have to take half a day leave and do a hundred mile round trip to be there. Things we do just to be *seen* to be good husbands...

That said I'm secretly looking forward to the scan, it will stop me thinking "Is she realy pregnant or is this a ploy to make me more consideate?". No, women aren't that devious are they? ;-)

We are planning a long weekend up to Skye next week. I know Diane's had it quite hard realy over the past few weeks so a nice relaxing trip to the Dunvegan Hotel on Skye might cheer her up a bit. Also gives me a chance to get to the Talasker distilery and cheer myself up with a bottle of their finest malt! Yay.

I guess we will come back from there with tales of Seals and good food and all the good stuff you usally get on a trip to Skye.

Finaly a comment from a collegue of mine about calling the baby Ivan. He says he can know guess what we were up to during the hurricane itself! Well not where we stopped as this picture will no doubt prove. It was the biggest sleep over I've ever been to!

Ivan Sleepover!


Speak soon.

Tim

2 comments:

Sasha@Pw said...

So often we read blogs on pregnancy from a women's perspective (myself included) so it's great to find your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim!

I too am a daddy blogger (5 year old, 4 year old, 7 month old and one due in August) but the reason I am commenting is because I am a member of the clan MacLeod from Skye. Although I live in Colorado I wanted to say Hi!!!

~Genuine

www.genuineblog.com